To start this “25 Series” out on a positive note, I offer up to you some of the most inspirational quotes I have come across. They make me laugh and remind me that no one can stop me but myself.
Here they are. Take them and use them as you will. Share them with a friend or foe.
25 quotes to help you survive the next 25 years…
1. Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you’re up to.
2. “Take it my friends, ARM YOURSELVES WITH KNOWLEDGE.” – Newspaper boy on Spongebob
3. “…clever liars give details, but the cleverest do not.” -The Age of Innocence
4. Don’t let fear of the unknown hold you back from making a change.
5. “That’s the best revenge of all: happiness. Nothing drives people crazier than seeing someone have a good life.” – Chuck Palahniuk
6. “The future has several names. For the weak, it is the impossible. For the fainthearted, it is the unknown. For the thoughtful and valiant, it is the ideal.” – Victor Hugo
7. “It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.” — André Gide
8. “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “Everything you can imagine is real.” — Pablo Picasso
10. “Reality continues to ruin my life.” — Bill Watterson
11. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” — Virginia Woolf
12. “Life’s hard. It’s even harder when you’re stupid.” — John Wayne
13. “We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.” — May Sarton
14. “This became a credo of mine…attempt the impossible in order to improve your work.” — Bette Davis
15. “Give me but one firm spot on which to stand, and I will move the earth.” –Archimedes
16. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” -John Keating, (Robin Williams) Dead Poet’s Society
17. “ When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but with creatures of emotion, creatures bristling with prejudice and motivated by pride and vanity. ” — Dale Carnegie
18. “Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.” – Robert Frost
19. “If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.” – Muhammad Ali
20. “Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.” – Martin Luther King
21. “Never judge a book by its movie.” -J.W. Eagan
22. “Until you start believing in yourself, you ain’t gonna have a life!” -Rocky Balboa, (Sylvester Stallone) Rocky
23. “People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.” – V, (Hugo Weaving) V for Vendetta
24. “The more you know who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you.” -Bob Harris, (Bill Murray) Lost in Translation
25. “…be careful when choosing what you’re proud of–because the world has every intention of using it against you.”
― Amor Towles, Rules of Civility