We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I came across this recipe almost six years ago when working nights at an assisted living community. It is the easiest apple dumpling recipe I have ever seen. It takes no skill and tastes divine. You can find the original recipe here, but I never follow the recipe, so I’m going to show you what I do differently.
Easy Apple Dumpling Recipe
4-6 large Granny Smith apples
2 cans Crescent rolls
1 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 can (12 oz.) Mt. Dew
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel the apples, and slice into quarters. (Depending on the size of your apples, you may have to double up the slices in the crescent rolls.)
2. Wrap each individual crescent roll around the a quartered slice. Pinch the dough together to seal.
3. Place each dumpling in a 9×13 baking dish.
4. Melt butter and combine with sugars and cinnamon. Mix together well.
5. Drizzle that mixture over the dumplings.
6. Pour can of Mt. Dew over the dumplings.
7. Place in oven and cook for 35-40 minutes.
Prepare yourself for the most amazing dessert ever while the dumplings cool. While still warm, eat one with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Enjoy your time in ecstasy.
Let me know what you think of these dumplings if you try them out!