What a month April was! It was our biggest debt pay-off month since beginning the journey back in August 2015. I accomplished a lot, even if some of the things weren’t on my April goal list. It’s amazing how far this blog has come and how much it has changed since I started it. Life has come a long way since July 2014 (blog anniversary).
Needless to say, I am super stoked for the month of May. If you didn’t know, May is a huge month for me. Here is a quick list of why May is so important.
- A dear old friend from college will be in town. We’re going to catch up over coffee!
- My squadron has our base volleyball play-offs/final tournament.
- My sister turns 31 years old.
- Our good friends from St. Louis are coming to stay for a week. We are extra excited about this.
- I will be celebrating my golden birthday! I will be 26 years old on the 26th. WHOA.
- I will be running the rugged Terrain 5k.
- Mike and I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary (we’re not doing anything exciting, but that doesn’t matter).
See! It’s a jam-packed month! Anyways, a lot happened in April, and I didn’t succeed at many of my goals. I am still proud of that month though. It was a lot of fun! My in-laws visited and were snowed in with us for two days. It was an exciting time. I had several volleyball games that I played. I finally ran outside a bit – thanks to some beautiful Colorado weather. And Mike and I finally bought an annual pass to the Cherry Creek State Dog Park – which Motley loves. A successful month, if you ask me.
A Review of April’s Goals
- Post 10 times: A gleaming success! I posted exactly 10 times. It was tough. Can I make that goal in May?
- Sell 3 items on Poshmark: Success! I sold exactly 3 items. By mid-April, I was beginning to lose hope that I would sell anything, but then – surprise! I sold a bundle of a pair of boots and a dress. I think I made $18? That is one payment on the Citi credit card! I also just sold a really cheap pair of pants. I hope I can sell more in May, now that I have the know-how. It feels so good to actually be making a bit of money on clothes. I wish I hadn’t throw away so many fabulous pieces before our move! A huge thanks to She Picks Up Pennies for helping me get started as a Posher.
- Finish reading Wolf Winter by Cecilia Ekback: Success! Read my book review here!
- Finish decorating the living room: Basic success. There are still a few art pieces I would like to add + some more lighting – but for most part, the living room is finished! I love it too. It’s one of my favorite spaces.
- Pay Discover card down to $1000: Change in plans. Read about it in the April debt pay-off report.
- Wash & Clean the Terrain: Kinda. I bought some wipes and gave it a good wipe down, but I didn’t vaccuum it out or anything fancy. It’s good enough for me though.
What I want to accomplish in May:
Aside from all the stuff on my plate, I do have a few goals for May.
- Finish CDC’s Vol. I & II: This is Air Force education. We have one month to complete each volume. I have 5 volumes to complete. I would like to be done with Volume II before my birthday. Easier said than done. Blogging isn’t helping.
- Sell 3 items on Poshmark: I’m going to continue adding to my closet and see what I can sell. Maybe I’ll add some accessories?
- Post 10 times: This is where the real persistence comes in. If I can post 10 times and complete the CDC’s, I’m going to be winning.
- Check into new auto insurance: When we moved to Colorado, our insurance skyrocketed. I know we can get better than what we have.
- Visit Garden of the Gods: I’ve been here before, but Mike has not. We’ve been wanting to go for a while now. Hopefully it quit snowing on the weekends so we can make this happen!
Good luck everyone. May is going to be a real zinger.