We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
When people talk about “winter activities,” I do not automatically think “outdoors,” like most people do. I think of all the fun things I do inside when it’s frigid out. That being said, my list contains of the best of both worlds!
Favorite Indoor Winter Activities
- Cooking/Baking-I love cooking in the wintertime. With the long nights and short days, there’s not much you can do during the week. I find myself baking cookies and making heavy meals on a weekly basis. Plus, I love feeding my guy. There’s something about seeing him happy with a plate full of food in front of him.
- Putting Puzzles Together-Mike bought me a 1000 piece, odd-looking puzzle back in July, and though I started working on the edges, I knew I’d never finish it until the cold weather hit. I love working on a puzzle late into the evening with candles burning around me.
- Drinking Hot Chocolate-This is one of my favoritist of favorites on cold winter nights. Mike and I snuggle up and watch movies or play games, and we sip on our hot cocoa.
- Knitting/Sewing-I love to knit, and I find myself knitting the most during the wintertime. I do scarves and mug holders, but that’s about it. I tried knitting a hat once, but it was an ULTIMATE fail. I like to sew little crafty items too, but I have a hard time motivating myself to start. Still yet, working with my hands makes me happy.
Favorite Outdoor Winter Activities
- Sledding-I was raised in the country, so I know what real sledding is all about. We used to hook our disc sleds up to my Grandpa’s 4-wheeler and race through the fields of our farm. It was amazing! It’s still one of my favorite things to do when it snows!
- Building snowmen-I LOVE LOVE LOVE building snowman in the wintertime. In Missouri, we get most of our snow in January through early March. When it the sun rises and warms that top layer, the time is right to build your own Frosty!
- Ice skating- Though I usually have to do this at an indoor rink, when it does get cold enough, I love ice skating. I’m not too shabby at it either! Mike and I have only went together once, but we had such a fun time!
And that, my friends, is how you party in the winter! Come back tomorrow for more Bloguary!