We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I see a lot of lists about making the most of your last days of summer, but what about things you should do to prep for summer?
Fear not! I’ve come up with the best pre-summer list in the history of lists! It’s got a touch of adult, with plenty of fun twenty-something stuff mixed in!
1. Get a mani/pedi. The only way to truly be prepped for sandal season is to get a pedicure. Grab your best ladies and head to your nearest nail shop. I like to have my nails and toes done, but one or the other is fine too.
2. Cut your hair. Cut it all off! Embrace the pixie. No one needs a ton of hair to survive the summer. Follow my Pinterest board to see my favorite styles!
3. Switch your winter and spring/summer wardrobes. I do this every year because it helps me know exactly what I have for the seasons. Then I go through all of it. See #4.
4. Declutter your space. Throw all those outfits you don’t wear anymore away. Toss the knick-knacks. Declutter and minimize. You’ll feel much better and be prepared for a fun summer!
5. Deep clean your home. Once you’ve tossed the crap, you’ll realize how dirty your home is. Time to get down and deep-clean. Open all the windows, light some candles, and scrub a’ dub dub!
6. Buy new swim stuff. Obviously, the best part of spring is when all the new swimwear comes out. Pick a new one or two and get excited!
7. Join a club or extracurricular. Sand volleyball, softball, soccer, and so many other fun sports are getting ready for summer games in the spring. Join up and take part. If being outdoors isn’t your style, there are book and game clubs too. Actually, there’s a club for just about everything, so you should definitely get involved.
8. Get fit. You want to feel great in your new swimsuit, so now is the time to get fit and prepped. Tone up those glutes, thighs, and abdomen. Don’t know where to start? Check out these exercises for the ultimate swimsuit body!
9. Shave everything. This is for the people that tend to let things get wild through the winter months. Mow the lawn, cut down the thickets, and lotion your whole body. You’ll feel so much better.
10. Plan your getaways. Have you seen the amazing Groupon Getaways (not an affiliate link, just a great deal) available? I mean, I’m so broke I can’t take advantage of them, but that’s because of our wedding. There’s a sweet, all-inclusive deal to Iceland right now! If you have the monies, plan your summer getaways now!
11. Make a summer bucket list. There’s nothing worse than getting to the last day of July and realizing you’ve done nothing all summer. Make your list now so you don’t forget anything later!
12. Plant spring flowers. If you’re into gardening, now is the time to mulch the lawn and plant those precious flowers. Don’t wait until it’s too hot to function.
13. Go camping. Everyone talks about summer camping, but in Missouri, spring camping is where it’s at. No bugs, humidity, or ridiculous heat.
14. Create a summer reading list. If you know you want to read more this summer, start working on that book list. Plenty of amazing titles are coming out in 2015. I recommend signing up for a Goodreads account. It’s the best way to keep track of what you’re reading currently and what you’d like to read in the future.
15. Learn to barbecue. No one wants to learn to barbecue in the height of barbecue season! Start learning before it gets here.
16. Buy a hammock. I am a sucker for lounging in a hammock on a sweet spring or summer day. I could nap for hours and read books all day if I had the time.
17. Get your passport. This is a huge item on my bucket list. I need a passport so we can actually travel when we have money. Get your passport now so you can travel when you want, where you want!
18.Finish your taxes. If you had to ask for an extension because you’re a procrastinator, get on it and finish them! Don’t let taxes cloud your summer.
19. Bookmark summer-style recipes. Have you been on Pinterest lately? Of course you have! Time to start pinning those amazing summer food and drink recipes.
20. Decorate your patio or balcony. I have a balcony that is in desperate need of a makeover, but alas, no money. If you’ve got the funds, springtime is the perfect time to prep that area for a fun-filled summer.
21. Spray for bugs. They’re coming. The longer you wait, the worse it will be. Spray for bugs so no ants, spiders, fleas, and who knows what else can make a party atmosphere out of your space.
22. Hit the Farmer’s Market. Don’t wait until summer to get acquainted with your local farmer’s market. Check it out now so that when the crowds do come, you’ll be ready to navigate.
23. Make a budget now. If you don’t have a budget, it’s time to make one. Summertime has this effect where people just BLOW money everywhere they look. Set yourself up for financial success and make a budget now.
24. Take stock of your life. The year is nearly half over. Are you on track to completing your personal goals? Now is the time to take stock and reorganize.
25. Have professional photos taken. If you have kids or want family photos taken sometime this year, don’t wait for hot summer days. Take advantage of the mild spring climate and get those photos done now.
If you’re in the mood to make the most of your time before summer, this is the list you need. What other ideas do you have?